cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Factor Authentication from GoPro

mtbrider
Investigator
Investigator

There seems to be an issue with EE blocking certain SMS senders, I have an issue not getting SMS two factor authentication text messages from GoPro to access my account (paypal, ebay, and others all fine for now) .  The last time I got a 2FA sms from GoPro is came from sender 'NOTICE'  and I cannot check the originating number. 

All was fine back in March  but now I don't receive the messages and can only assume that EE has decided to block what it considers to be a 'spam' originator for SMS messages, it would be good if there was a way to see blocked sms via the app.  

I have contacted GoPro support and the suggestion is that SMS are sending from their system, and as SMS messaging is not like email with ways to check deliverability I am now needing to reduce security on my account.

Any assistance on this EE?

6 REPLIES 6
mtbrider
Investigator
Investigator

This seems to be an issue with EE blocking certain SMS senders, I have an issue not getting SMS two factor authentications from GoPro to access my account (paypal, ebay, and others all fine for now) .  All was fine back in march but now I don't receive the messages and can only assue that EE has decided to block what it considers to be a 'spam' originator for messages, it would be good if there was a way to see blocked sms via the app.  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Can you receive SMS from other automated sources?

Yes, as mentioned sources such as paypal, FexEx, Adobe, Evri etc all good.

infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

You would be best suited here contacting EE directly, as only they will be able to sort out your issue here.

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/mobile-phone

Sounds like a provisioning issue.

Also, it isn't just purely an EE fault here.

GoPro users have posted about the exact same thing on their own GoPro Support Pages for many years now.

Lots of other mobile phone users, who are not EE customers, have had issues with their various mobile operator blocking short code text messaging.

Before now for example, it has been an issue for uses of T-Mobile...

I ran into an issue where t-mo was blocking sms short codes. Customer service was able to fix it.

Or users of iPhone who had issues with text messages failing or not receiving etc, after Apple put out an IOS upgrade.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.

@infinitywaiter wrote:

Sounds like a provisioning issue.

This is not a provisioning issue.

Reporting to EE-CS for further checks and very likely a fault case raising, is the correct course of action.

mtbrider
Investigator
Investigator

I looked into the GoPro community and a lit of the issues mentioned were not UK based, I don't have access to a non EE sim at present to be able to try an alternative network as a troubleshooting process. It is not like I am a new customer migrating from elsewhere, I have had the same account and number for 20+ years through One2One >T-Mobile >EE.
Turning off 2FA is not a huge issue (I would prefer to have it enabled however), but now wondering if there are other automated SMS services that could be being blocked. My main issue is that email providers give us the ability to find what they consider spam in a handy location, but SMS messages get binned off without having an option.
Time to call EE CS and see if there is any change to things in the last two weeks...