cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling abroad

adstristar
Investigator
Investigator

Hi mi a travelling to japan in November and will be there from the 6th Nov to 12th Nov then I am travelling to Sydney australia for 9 days and finally finishing up in Japan for 4 days.
I would like to know if there is a good plan I can use on EE that will provide me connection to both countries without delays or issues please. 
I am thinking about getting Esim in both countries or Sim card . 
Any advice would be great.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @adstristar

Are you looking to get a local eSIM? 

The available add-ons for EE whilst you are in Japan can be found HERE

For roaming in Australia there is a pass you can purchase to use your services as you would in the UK. This is called the Roam Abroad Pass

If you wish to use your EE SIM whilst abroad please ensure you have roaming active before leaving the UK. You can activate this by texting ROAMING to 150. 

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @adstristar

Are you looking to get a local eSIM? 

The available add-ons for EE whilst you are in Japan can be found HERE

For roaming in Australia there is a pass you can purchase to use your services as you would in the UK. This is called the Roam Abroad Pass

If you wish to use your EE SIM whilst abroad please ensure you have roaming active before leaving the UK. You can activate this by texting ROAMING to 150. 

Katie 🙂

adstristar
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your reply. 

Looking into it a bit more it will be far cheaper for me to get a sim card when I am in the locations as it will be a lot cheaper.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Whilst you are correct where Japan is concerned, remember the flip-side of using a local SIM is that UK callers need to use a foreign number to contact you.

Just weigh up the alternatives and make an informed decision.