cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls, nor send and receive in EU

Jimbo94
Investigator
Investigator

This has been an issue since I noticed it in July 2023, when I was unable to receive calls when I went to Greece. Roaming was all set up but figured I didn't do it correctly. 

Poland in September, same issue. Definitely wasn't me and something is wrong. 

Call EE and some things on my account get changed. I change my phone to S23 Ultra and get the All Rounder Unlimited £86, with the Roam Abroad Pass inclusive extra.

Amsterdam in late September, same again. OK I'm getting annoyed now. Speak to EE, attempt to manually change networks, reset network settings, then all settings, still nothing. 

They say its a sim issue as I've had it for too long. No one asked me to change when i upgraded, but ok, let's go with an eSim, so there's no chance this is a Sim issue and get it resolved. 

Denmark  and Sweden at the moment and still having the same problems. This is ridiculous and needs resolving by someone who is actually in Tech Support and understands what they're doing, not just someone reading a script. 

FIX THIS!

It's been going on for months and I'm still not any closer at a resolution and it's cost me money upgrading, adding roaming, previously paying for roaming and it not fully working. Arrrgh!

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

One point is worth clarifying - roaming itself, the ability of your phone to connect to foreign networks, is free of charge and this is not what you're paying for.

What you're referring to is a billing add-on, this reduces the cost of roaming but does not enable the facility itself. Yours is clearly an account-specific issue which should be pursued with CS.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Were you on PAYG until you changed to an All-Rounder contract? PAYG roaming changed in June '23.

If so, were you in UK when  you changed to an All-Rounder contract? Changed SIM types need to be activated when connected to EEs UK home network.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jimbo94 

To add to the other good points above have you activated roaming on the device. 

Screenshot_20231008_172522_Call settings.jpg

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Just to clarify the point above - this menu option is not enabling roaming, this is enabling data-roaming. In simple terms, this is the phone asking "can I use mobile data whilst roaming".

There is no similar option for "voice call roaming" or "text message roaming", but they would be the equivalent.

I have been on an EE contract since thr T-Mobile days, so for many years. 

Yes, it's on. I've got through the settings myself and with CS, still with no luck.