cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling Asia can’t contact EE

georgiathorne
Visitor

Evening

I've been travelling through Asia since January using e-sims for each country after switching my EE contract to pay as you go around Christmas. Unfortunately I’ve not been able to do pay as you go, as the EE app will not let me link my phone to my profile. I understand this means I haven’t paid for minutes with EE, but I have tried. I can log into my EE profile but I can’t add my device, or see my device listed anywhere on there like it used to be. When I go to add my device it says ‘Stop. this is as far as we can go’ and wants me to call EE, only problem being I can’t phone EE. When I do the little voice says phoning this number is barred, even though I’m phoning off my EE sim and not my travelling esims.

Today I got a text saying I will potentially be losing my number as I haven’t used it in a long time. My EE sim has been in my phone the whole time, yet I can’t ring EE from the sim, I’m guessing because I don’t have any minutes but I can’t add any if I can’t phone up! When I changed my contract to pay as you go I used the app messaging service they have as I was in Australia and again couldn’t call, but today it seems like I can’t even access that! Very confused on what to do, I’ll be back in the UK in just over 3 weeks but I don’t want to lose my number before then, and I have no idea how I can contact EE now. 

i just want to be able to link my device and to add credit to my sim so i don’t lose my number.

thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@georgiathorne : Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)