cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Messages from overseas

Trebor83
Explorer

My bank in Spain wants to send me an OTP by SMS but the message is not being recieved this end. The bank say the phone provider is blocking it but EE say they are not. Anyone had similar problems? If so how did you resolve the issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Trebor83   As this would be a international text and chargeable is your bank happy to pay this ?    Do they have your correct number?  This should start 44 or +44 and not have a 0 at the start. 

The international code and number are correct. The bank said the messages are going out but are not being delivered.

Have you been able to receive messages from this sender previously?

Can you receive automated/OTP texts from UK senders?

Do you have any other senders or contacts in Spain at all?

I have exactly the same problem with not receiving SMS messages from a Spanish bank. I made a successful transfer back in August from this bank,  but now EE are blocking as SPAM from this number.

My answer to your above questions are all YES. 
I am desperate to get this problem rectified.

Do you have any further ideas please?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @CorinneRumens

Welcome to the community. 

Have you been able to speak with our technical care team regarding this?

Katie

Yes, I had my problem escalated to the Complex Investigations Team who provided me with a response to send  to the Spanish bank.

I also told my bank that I did not have this problem with another Spanish bank, and was asked to send a screenshot of an example from there giving a OTP for a transter. 
Still waiting for a response on this.

Any thoughts please

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @CorinneRumens

Please be sure to let us know once you receive a response. 

In the meantime, someone here on the community may be able to offer further advice. 

Katie

It would seem not.

Haven’t read any success stories 

Dineshrk1
Visitor

I have same problem ? Still my bank try to solve.  Any tips...