Roaming

jj3000
Investigator
Investigator

Good day everyone, can someone tell me how to switch roaming on and off easily? I live in SW Scotland and in some places phone automatically connects to Isle of Man and charges roaming fees when I'm not there! Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @jj3000 

What device do you have as you can disable roaming on your device. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You may need to contact CS on 150 to request this, there doesn't appear to be an option on the text service.

The alternative is to disable data roaming in your phone's menu, and take one of two courses of action for voice calls & texts:

1: Use manual network selection to only use UK-EE, this may cause issues re-selecting coverage that you've lost

2: Rely on the "welcome to IOM" automated texts, and check you're on the UK network before making calls or sending texts. You can mitigate this, and incoming call costs, by having a zero spend cap.

Thanks Northerner - it's the Samsung A14

Thanks Bristolian, I guess that would work. I was really after an 'easy' way but don't think it's possible. Will probably do as you suggest.

I do get welcome to IOM texts but don't always notice them straightaway. Bit of a pain really, will try CS and see if they can refund the charges as can prove not out of Scotland using GPS records at time of roaming.

Just discovered zero spend cap - will initiate that, thanks