Roaming

Eeripoff23
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I previously had a long term contract which meant I got free roaming in the eu.

After some price changes I got in touch to renegotiate and specifically made sure my free roaming was retained.

However now I'm in France and it isn't working and I'm getting messages about paying £2.29 for roaming. What the hell is going on?

Shocking service

In my add ons it says 10gb for uk and EU, but also mentions roaming charges. This is totally unacceptable

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Eeripoff23 : As your current started after 07/07/2021 there'll be a £2.29 / day charge for using your UK allowances in EU or alternatively you may buy the Roam Abroad Pass for £15 / month. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Eeripoff23 wrote:

However now I'm in France and it isn't working

Do you mean roaming isn't working, and your phone doesn't have coverage?

Or your billing add-on isn't working, and you are receiving unexpected charges?

Eeripoff23
Investigator
Investigator

Hi xray whatever. If you can't read then there's not really any point in replying is there. When I renewed my contract I specifically made sure to retain my free roaming. Otherwise I wouldve just got another better deal elsewhere. The employee, after a quick consultation with his manager, specifically confirmed this would be retained. 

Coverage appears fine, but my free roaming doesn't appear to be included in my deal, despite the above. Any idea how I get in touch direct to sort this? 

Methinks you didn't make sure enough! That's what the rest of us would pay. If you must operate outside the rules that apply to everybody then you should expect some uncertainty. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Eeripoff23   Long term contract?  EE contracts are 2 years after that contract period your on a 30 day rolling contract.  

As mentioned previously you don’t get free roaming within the EU and dates have been provided when this started.     But if nothing is working ie calls/text and you have no signal showing on your device just to check did you text ROAMING to 150 before you left the UK ?    
As you have upgraded your tariff and account settings can be reset when you do this.  Totally unacceptable for anyone to assume and not check anything when there is an account change and then blame the network when they have an issue.    

Eeripoff23
Investigator
Investigator

Can't ring as overseas, but just to record this for myself, I am going to have to buy a pass. I will check the full details of the contract I signed on return to uk (got screenshots), and if necessary will sue ee for miselling! Lying rip off merchants! If an honest error I will remove the posts and accept apologies but still incredibly annoying as its the one thing I made sure was still included

Hi @Eeripoff23 

What is the name of the tariff you're on. Is it a smart plan. You get 1-3 smart benefits depending on the smart plan you have ,one of which could be the roam abroad pass which gives you free roaming. Only issue is that you need to have this benefit active to get free roaming is is not automatic. 

If you can access wifi then download Skype and use the number in my signature to call EE free. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.