Roaming

BUKHARI14
Investigator
Investigator

Hy 

I am out county now , I want to activate roaming on my phone .could you please help me to guide .I tried by text but my message not sent on 150

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG? Did you use that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

If not already enabled, you need to call CS to enable the Roaming Abroad and Call Abroad and Premium Rate settings of your MyEE.

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You won't see any of those settings & don't need to change anything. If outside EU, do you have enough credit for making calls from abroad?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I cannot make any call while living in Uk , I activated my package after coming to Saudi . I am trying to call even I have 15 pounds credit my call is aborted . Can you please help me to activate roaming from system 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @BUKHARI14

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Roaming is already enabled on pay as you go. 

Did you use your SIM for a chargeable action in the UK before leaving for Saudi?

When you log in to your My EE can you see available credit or an active pack?

Katie.

I have 15 pounds credit in my EE , but cannot .ake any call while Living in Uk , just buy a sim and left for Saudi . 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BUKHARI14

Thanks for confirming. 

Our pay as you go SIM cards would need to be activated on the EE network in the UK before being used abroad, this could be a text, call or using data.

Katie.

currently I am outside , I need solution please 

There is only 1 solution - return it to the UK & let someone make a call or text whist there.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Really thanks for your valuable solution , I don't have words say thanks to you What a great solution come back  to just activate Roaming " Amazing service " . Really appreciated 😂

Tough when it is the only solution out of your predicament. I'm afraid you'll just have to face facts.