cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

lumahh
Investigator
Investigator

I’m in Spain and I activated roaming   before coming here, however it doesn’t seem to work - I can’t send sms or make any phone calls. Anything else I need to do? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does your phone show signal bars of a local network?

If you login to your myEE online account, goto "Parental & data controls", do the following 2 options show as enabled? They need to be, and if you're not able to activate them for whatever reason, you will need to call EE C/S

1: International roaming

2: Call abroad & Premium rate

I suspect that when you say "roaming was added", that the billing add-on was done but the roaming facility itself (which allows your phone to connect to a foreign network) hasn't been.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You've posted in the PAYG section of this forum, so I presume you have a PAYG phone.

PAYG lines are auto-enabled for roaming, providing you have used your phone in the UK before leaving for a foreign country.

The requirement to activate roaming on your account only applies to pay-monthly phones.

Are you on PAYG or pay-monthly, and if on PAYG - have you used your phone on EE's UK network before travelling abroad?

Apologies, I posted in wrong section as I have a new sim-only contract with Smart benefits and roaming was added when I was in the store so there should not be any reason why it should not work 

thanks for the info ! 

Does your phone show signal bars of a local network?

If you login to your myEE online account, goto "Parental & data controls", do the following 2 options show as enabled? They need to be, and if you're not able to activate them for whatever reason, you will need to call EE C/S

1: International roaming

2: Call abroad & Premium rate

I suspect that when you say "roaming was added", that the billing add-on was done but the roaming facility itself (which allows your phone to connect to a foreign network) hasn't been.

Thanks! I followed your tips and it finally worked 👌🏻

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @lumahh

Have a lovely time 🙂

Leanne.