Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in the US

AJames2021
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Just arrived in the US and my phone is not connecting to any network whatsoever. I'm on a monthly plan and bought the roam abroad pass the day before I left. I assumed that'd be enough to activate the roaming function? Wifi call is also not working currently. Even looked at APN settings and it is set to everywhere for data and MMS. I'm on an Android phone.

Appreciate any help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AJames2021,

It can take up to 24 hours for changes to your roaming settings to take affect. When did you last toggle it on?

James

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AJames2021  Purchasing add ons doesn’t enable roaming it’s just an add on.  You need to enable this from within your online account.    Wi-Fi calling only works within the UK.  

Open the my EE app open settings>Roaming and enable both toggles then restart the device. 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I've done all that (toggled it on and off because it was already enabled), restarted a few times and still no service unfortunately...

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @AJames2021.

So roaming is now active in your My EE Account?

Have you tried manually connecting to a different network?

Jon

It is active in my Account. Checked on the app and the web page. Manual search comes up with "no networks detected". 

Alex

Are you seeing any networks listed when you do a manual search?

Can you clarify if you're getting an error message just from a network search, or when you manually select a local network.

If roaming is correctly enabled on your SIM, auto network selection should work.

I see no networks listed and only get the message "no networks found" when searching for networks.

I guess roaming has not been properly enabled then... But I've checked and double checked the settings. Even gave them to he old "on and off" toggle. Nada.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AJames2021,

It can take up to 24 hours for changes to your roaming settings to take affect. When did you last toggle it on?

James

If your phone doesn't see any networks available when you search, that's not an issue with your roaming settings.

Either your phone has a fault causing lack of coverage, or there isn't any available network where you are.

It's now started working about 3 days after the last toggle. Showed networks and automatically chose one. I didn't get any messages from ee about roaming Costs or anything but I assume that's because I'm covered by my roam abroad add on?

Thanks for the help and tips folks!