cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SINGAPORE ROAMING

atha23
Visitor

Hello,

I don't think that this response helps many EE users who travel abroad.

Most of the major providers in the UK give the option to their customers nowadays to use the usual UK allowances in many countries like Singapore with a daily fixed fee. They apply a fair usage policy in terms of how much data a customer can consume but at least they give options.

A travel data pass that provides 150MB is not a travel data pass. 150MB is not enough to even watch a couple of Instagram reels. Such addons were important 10 or 15 years ago but they are not in line with how the world operates in 2024.

I feel trapped that I have a contract with EE until August 2024 and I cannot move to another provider with a realistic travel data pass for my upcoming trip to Singapore. I do not feel safe at all without my phone available for calls abroad. There is no chance I can afford to pay these expensive roaming fees every day just in case I need to use my phone to speak to relatives and friends or in an emergency.

I had never expected that EE would be that restrictive in travelling abroad.

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@atha23 : How so? It answers the OP's query as to the charges & services when roaming with EE in Singapore and he accepted it as Solution to this year-old thread. So who are you to say now it isn't?

NM what other networks provide for roaming in Singapore. This thread is about EE & anyway I disbelieve your contention that they provide it for a daily fixed fee as opposed to a highish per unit, min. or text or MB data, charge.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@atha23 wrote:

I don't think that this response helps many EE users who travel abroad.

The post you added to was from March 2023, with a different query to that which you raised. If you have a new question, it's best to start a new thread - as has now been done for yours.

@atha23 wrote:

I do not feel safe at all without my phone available for calls abroad.

Out of interest, what's your view on travelling to an area in the UK without mobile coverage? Is it voice calls or mobile data that you consider critical?

Voice calls do not use mobile data, a 60minute call bundle is available covering Singapore, for £14.05 - equating to 24p/minute