cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Having problems using my phone while in Cyprus

jillbutcher
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I am having a similar problem. We are in Cyprus. My roaming is on. I can call numbers in the UK but when I try to call Cyprus numbers it either just cuts off without connecting or I get a voice telling me it cannot connect. My husband has his UK phone with him and the same happens when I try to call him. But as I say I can call back to the UK. I am extremely worried as I would be unable to make an emergency call here

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jillbutcher,

The symptoms you describe would suggest calling abroad still isn't active on your account.

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to activate it if you get in touch.

You can start a live chat via the help tab of the EE app.

Hope this helps.

James

I am still unable to use my phone other than to call back to the UK. I have spoken with your customer care team who worked through everything they could think of and nothing works. They also put me through to a technical advisor who again tried everything he knew and nothing worked.  So he said he couldn't help anymore and that Roaming isn't guaranteed. When I pointed out that in that case I might as will just switch to a much cheaper provider that doesn't include roaming he  basically said that as my contract is now just on roll on I am free to leave whenever I want. To be honest at this stage changing to Lebara when I get back to the UK looks a good option.  Have you or anyone else  got any suggestions as to why if Roaming isn't working just because it isn't Guaranteed I can call back to the UK, If someone calls me from a Cyprus  mobile I can then call them back and I'm connected to 4g with no issues ! We have been here for three weeks now and no viable solution. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jillbutcher 

What kind of phone do you have? Are you able to try your SIM in another EE/unlocked phone?

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Your symptoms are typical of an international call bar being active. Did the "technical" advisor check that? All you've said is that they'd tried everything they could think of. That's not the same thing....