cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Charged for number 09011190900 we didn't dial ??

Lucywhit
Visitor

Why are EE not blocking this number as its a SCAM number and charges a service fee to users. The claim to be Hermes or HMRC!

By EE not blocking this number, you are funding fraud! I find it unacceptable that EE are not looking out for their customers!

I had premium numbers blocked, however as the phone call had a 0.00 fee, it was allow to go through and a £40.02 service fee charged, per call x3.

Crazy, as I also have a spend cap on the account which this exceeds, but apparently as this is not charged by EE and charged by the fraudulent company, its not included in the cap! How do you block these things if you don't know they exist. Massive EE failings. I'm a very disappointed, loyal EE customer   

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Lucywhit 

It's true to say that a Spend Cap will only restrict the access charge element of calls to 084, 087, 09 and other service-type numbers.

The service charge element is unrestricted - as per EE Spend cap help 

You can restrict calls to all 09 numbers by setting the "Call abroad & premium rate" option to "OFF" within your myEE online account. This may cause issues with calling whilst outside the UK.