cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot send or receive texts on new EE sim

Madrg
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same Problem! did u find any solution?! 

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Madrg 

What phone are you using? 

Can you make and receive calls? 

Leanne.

I`m using iPhone, but the problem is my outgoing and incoming calls both are down and notworking. ( right now I`m not in UK so I use the roaming service). only receiving texts is available. :// 

@Madrg  Have you tried restarting the device?   Are you on contract or PAYG ?    Where about’s are you ?  

Yes I`m PAYG, and I did lots of restarting but not solved. I`m in Iran. and after I checked the list of countries which is provided for roaming services it said I can have access to all services without any issues.   

bristolian
Legend
Legend

New thread for a new issue - let's work from the base up. Please correct any of my assumptions below, that are wrong.

You're on PAYG, you have used this SIM in the UK first before travelling abroad, and your phone shows coverage of a local Iranian network?

You can receive texts but not send them, nor make/receive any calls?

If this is an accurate precis, then roaming appears to be working (evidenced by receiving texts) thus this would point at a lack of available credit. There's an outside possibility of it being a hibernation issue, in which case when did you last make a chargeable call or send a chargeable text message? (Not from a pack or add-on)

Yes you said all Right. I can tell you I have recharged my account several times since I am on roaming and of course no bank card is currently connected to my profile. I tried to buy a Package last month which was successful but it did not deduct from my balance and the interesting thing is that, despite showing the message that the purchase of the package was successful its features were not activated! and my last recharge balance was last Saturday.  

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Could you try texting AL to 150 please, @Madrg? Do you have credit on your phone?

Let us know what it says.

Chris

Hi again, I did what u said but as I told it before I even cant send any kind of message even to 150! ``Not delivered`` and ``Message send Failure`` are the notifications which shown to me after each try. I think have to call to CRM with different number may they can help me 😕