cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please enable roaming remotely

Lina26
Visitor

I bought the roaming add on and have been in the US 2 days and it hasnt worked, no one answers the phone, the messaging bot has not helped and there is no other way to contact anyone in customer service to get support. Instead of continue going round in circles , I am writing to you here to request to enable the roaming remotely for me please asap. Its a real impediment not to have it working. Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

If you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lina26 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry we have no account access to set up roaming for you remotely. 

Did you text ROAMING to 150 before travelling? 

Have you tried manually connecting to a network in your phone settings? 

Leanne 🙂

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

If you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.