cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Not registered on network' in europe. How to contact Ee

Boooom
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I'm in Europe, unable to make any calls, getting 'not registered on network' all the time. I think I've tried everything by now, from wi-fi calling to all the settings, restarts, etc. I have not texted 'roaming' before I left and can't find an option to enable international calls via my ee account either. I want to contact EE, but cannot call them either, of course. And while live chat option is listed, I cannot see how to use it. There are references to live chat pop up, but this never happens, at least on my smartphone. I need to register for a doctor's appointment urgently. How do I get this to work? Or how can I contact EE??

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Boooom

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Do you have a pay monthly or pay as you go account? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi sorry, I am on pay monthly contract 😊Sent from my Galaxy
Leanne_T

Hi @Boooom

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Can you try  logging into your My EE account online, then go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming abroad and also Call abroad and Premium rate calls, do they show as ticked? 

If not, are you able to activate both of these settings? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

Hi @Leanne_T,Many thanks!Yes, they are both enabled. Also all roaming options on the device, etc. Completely confused. For some reason, even the wi-fi calling doesn't seem to work. I've spent hours trying to solve it, literally out of ideas now. Do you know how I could contact EE in this situation?..Sent from my Galaxy
Leanne_T

Hi @Boooom

Have you tried connecting to a different network? 

WiFi calling is for UK use, this would not work when roaming. 

Thanks, 🙂

Leanne.

@Boooom , Do you have something like Skype? You could ring them for free if you check in the contact us, there is a free number you could ring. As for chat , when someone is available, logging into My EE, the chat should pop up, hope this helps.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
@Schockwave @Leanne_T : very good shouts, thanks so much - used Skype to get through to EE and got internet and the ability to make and receive texts and calls to/from the UK. Local calls still no-go and EE's mystified about what's going on. Still, much better than nothing! Thanks for your help! 😊Sent from my Galaxy

@Boooom , thank you for coming back and letting us know, glad you are now able to make calls/text to the UK and receive them. Have you made sure that you have the prefix +39 for Italy? I am sure you have, you may also want to try 0039 and see if that solves it, although I must say I do not understand why it is not working.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.