cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Japan

Ira1804
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I called EE the other day to activate roaming but unfortunately my phone doesn't work in Japan. Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ira1804 , did you activate and use your phone before going to Japan? If you did not, then your SIM card will not work until you return to the UK. You could either send the SIM card back to the UK for someone to activate and make a chargeable call or text, or ask for a replacement SIM card sent to a UK address and the person activate it and make a chargeable call and then send it back to you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @Ira1804 

Assuming you're on pay-monthly, does your phone show signal bars? And have you tried restarting it? Can you explain what you mean by your phone not working?

I appreciate you called EE to activate the service, are you able to check by logging into your myEE and navigating to the "Controls" section, that "international roaming" & "Call abroad and premium rate" are both activated?

Hi. Thank you for your message. My phone says "no service" from the moment I arrived in the country although I restarted it several times. I pay as you go and I have added money before I left. I can't find the "controls" section I'm afraid. Is it possible to have roaming for Europe but not other countries? What can I do to activate it? Thank you for your time. 

@Ira1804 , did you activate and use your phone before going to Japan? If you did not, then your SIM card will not work until you return to the UK. You could either send the SIM card back to the UK for someone to activate and make a chargeable call or text, or ask for a replacement SIM card sent to a UK address and the person activate it and make a chargeable call and then send it back to you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Oh,  that's not good! I don't think I used it after the roaming activation. If that's the case, I will just be patient and buy some data here for emergency purposes. Thanks! 

@Ira1804 , Sorry about that, but thank you for coming back here and giving us an update, hope you still enjoy your stay there.