cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal for international calls

Stephanie34
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I am currently in Indonesia using a travel e-sim, personal sim switched off. I then realized if anyone tries to call my personal number I will miss it. When I turn my personal sim on (data off so I don't incur charges) I don't get any signal, or texts from EE so I can't even call EE to seek help. I also can't call my voicemail to check any calls. I am PAYG contract and can't find any chat box functionality, my online account also said I have 0 data which concerned me since the sim has been switched off. Any help is much appreciated. 

18 REPLIES 18
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stephanie34 

Welcome to the community.

Did you use your pay as you go SIM in the UK to send a text message or make a call before going abroad?

Chris

Hi Chris

Thank you for your reply.

Yes my EE sim is pay as you go contract.

many thanks

steph 

Christopher_G

In order to activate roaming on a pay as you go SIM card, you need to make a call from it whilst you're on the EE network in the UK.

Did you do that, @Stephanie34?

Chris

Hi 

I have been using the it in the UK for 24 months, and in Europe. Perhaps international roaming is not activated? 

many thanks

steph 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Stephanie34 

Then it sounds like it's definitely set up for roaming. Have you tried manually connecting to an available network?

Chris

Hi Chris,

No how would I do that please?

thank

steph

Christopher_G

What kind of phone do you have, @Stephanie34?

Chris

Hi 

iPhone 11

thank you

steph

Christopher_G

Go to Settings > Mobile Service > Network Selection > Turn 'automatic' off. Let me know if you're able to connect to a network, @Stephanie34 

Chris