cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network after phone reset abroad

fishimishi
Visitor

I have travelled to France and have had fine roaming using Orange F for most of the trip.

I had to reset my phone (Galaxy S21 5G) settings due to a bug and now my phone won't register with any network.

I have: restarted my phone, reset network settings, and tried to manually connect to Orange F but all attempts have been unsuccessful. My phone now won't register with any network and is either constantly no service or emergency calls only.

I cannot call EE customer support (because I have no connection to any network) and can't login to the EE app as I need to register my phone number which requires a pin as I can't send/receive texts. My contract is part of a family plan and I have roaming enabled - the lead user has checked via their app and there doesn't appear to be any issues with my plan.

This is very frustrating as I need 2FA via SMS for working abroad and I need internet access for travel/navigation.

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @fishimishi 

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried manually connecting to a different available network? What error message do you get when you try to do it?

Chris

@fishimishi   Just to check are you using the eSim in the phone or an actual SIM card ?