Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet connection

Kris41
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I am having real issues connecting to my mobile data. I arrived in Spain on Sunday, all was fine and then suddenly on Tuesday I had no Internet. It’s a real problem as I rely on my 4G for work!

it seems like I have no roaming even thought it’s on. I tried calling (from my partners phone as I couldn’t even make a phone call!!) and the wait was going over 1 hr so he will probably get charged!!!!! We didn’t get through to anyone because we didn’t have time to wait for anyone to finally answer…

I received a strange message from EE saying:

“Hi from EE. Although a new daily EU roaming charge applies, when you travelled recently we accidentally sent you the wrong text message stating that you could use your allowances at no extra cost.

We've fixed the issue now. We're also removing any relevant daily EU roaming charges from your next bill as an apology for the error. When you next visit the EU the new £2 charge will apply as normal as per your terms. For more information please visit http://discover.ee.co.uk/U9Z1Q0V8 Thanks.“

I don’t understand anything and it’s really frustrating. Having been a customer for over 10+ years this is just the last thing I expected to happen and not being able to obtain any help is even worse! Really disappointed with the overall service.

i reached out on twitter but, no surprise, no answer neither! 

can someone help with this as it’s very annoying I can’t work from where I am and I constantly need to look for a places with WiFi connection!!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kris41  Have you tried restarting the device? 

Yes. I’ve tried everything from restarting my phone to switching on and off roaming etc. i have no clue what else to do to make it work.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kris41,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Do you have spend cap on your account?

Does roaming show as active in My EE? Go to Menu > Account Settings > Parental and Data Controls to check.

James

Hi James ,

Thank you for your response.

It seems that my roaming is BLOCKED, for whatever reason. When I try to activate it, the message comes up saying:

6FB63D4D-D5E1-487B-A0B7-ED53E59BE68C.png

is there any solution to this!? I’ve been having a real nightmare getting in touch with EE, there’s no way of getting through to anyone via live chat, customer service or technical issues line, it’s absolutely ridiculous. I am now abroad and with basically no connection to the internet (only relying on local WiFi or my partner who has limited data to share…) - meaning I am missing work because of EE… super upsetting. 

any ideas how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated since EE is not really helpful at present!!!!

James_B

Hi @Kris41,

Do you have a spend cap on your account?

James

Hi James,

No, I should have any! 

It’s really urgent, is there anyway someone can sort this out for me and help? Can anyone call me to fix this as I can’t make any calls???

James_B

Hi @Kris41,

Sorry, the team won't be able to call you if your roaming is disabled. Are you able to call 150 from your partners phone?

Have you checked to see if you have a spend cap in My EE? Select the Controls tab on the Manage My Device page to check.

James