cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jersey and Guernsey from the UK and within Jersey/Guernsey

Colin12345
Visitor

I have an EE pay monthly and it includes the "Roam in EU" add-on. It looks like this means that calls whilst I'm in Jersey/Guernsey (whether within those areas or to the UK) will not incur an additional cost as they are a part of my plan. However I'm finding it difficult to work out whether a call to Jersey/Guernsey from the UK is regarded as a normal call as it starts "01" or whether it's an international call and incurs an additional cost? Can an one enlighten me so I avoid any nasty surprises ...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Plymouthbloke1
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Calls to the Channel Islands are not included in your call allowances and are chargeable, unless you buy an add-on.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Plymouthbloke1
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Calls to the Channel Islands are not included in your call allowances and are chargeable, unless you buy an add-on.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The Channel Islands are a quirk for both telephony & postal services. They are part of the UK telecoms numbering plan and have 01483 numbers - but the UK networks do not operate there.

Consequently, calls to Guernsey & Jersey are international, and usage there is roaming.