cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't unblock my roaming option.

al3xlak3
Investigator
Investigator

Like others, I can't unblock my roaming option under controls. It keeps reverting. I contacted the chat line and they claimed they'd reset it but I waited 24 hours (now 36 hours) and its still the same problem. I'm travelling soon and need this resolved.

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@al3xlak3 if it’s not activated then call customer services to get it sorted.     

Have you tried turning the device off/on again and checking to see if you can activate it. ? 

Two customer service agents have told me its unblocked but I can see it isn't. This seems to be a common problem - why hasn't ee sorted it?

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It's a known issue and EE are looking at it. If you send the word roaming to 150 and it says it's enabled, then it should be fine.

Mine has the same issue, and roaming worked fine in the US at the weekend.

Thanks! That's the most helpful information I've had so far. Some EE staff I've been in touch with aren't aware of the problem & it seems to have been around for a while judging by the posts.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I'm working with EE to fix it. They call me, ask me to test, I test and it's not fixed, they go back and try again. I'm hoping once they find the issue they'll be able to roll it out to everyone, or at least tell me what the issue is and I can then advise what everyone needs to do.

OK many thanks that's helpful to know. I have tried texting ROAMING EU to 150 but haven't had a message to say its enabled.

Tassoula
Visitor

Any update on this issue?

I have been stuck without use of my phone for over a week in Portugal with the same issue. I keep emailing them (only through connection of local wifi) but nothing they suggest is working.

Under settings on my EE app, it's showing under Roaming - blocked and doesn't want to unblock. I have tried everything.....

I am desperate to make some important calls but they EE don't seem to care. They are ignoring my emails now. I can't even speak to anyone on the phone (obviously), yet I am still being charged......

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Tassoula

I'm sorry we have no access to your account to check for an update on your roaming query. 

If you can call us from any other phone on +44 7953966250, they will have access to check the account notes and give you an update. 

Leanne.