Hello

Mateusz9
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I'm from Poland, I bought an EE UK sim card, I currently live in Poland, but I'm going abroad as a driver, the problem is that I put the card in the device, I have EE range but I can't do anything, write a message or call me or anyone. the problem is also with the activation of the code to the number 150, he enters the VO code, the code pops up and the transaction is error, is there anyone able to help?

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Mateusz9 

EE Sims first need to be activated in the UK on EE UK network. Until you have done this the SIM will not work.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Mateusz9
Investigator
Investigator

Hello I am writing the second post because I need quick help, I put the EE UK sim card in the phone shows me EE coverage but I can't call or send messages anywhere, I topped up my account using the recharge application I got a reply message with the code I have to enter it to number 150 but I can't send a message an error message pops up, should I activate this sim card somehow, mention that I just put the card in the phone for the first time, should I register and activate it? because I need internet abroad and there is still an empty account and I can't do anything, thank you in advance for your help

what should i do? since i have already sent the money and i'm only in spain and france? any hints what I can do, I want it to work, it's only about the internet.

Hi @Mateusz9 

Until you can activate your SIM in the UK there nothing you can do. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
and this card can not be activated for me by someone else living there or on the hotline? I think that if I paid for the card, it should work, the more so because I paid 30 pounds for the code and unfortunately I will not refund the costs because they say that I could use it and I did not use it because the sim is not active.

Hi @Mateusz9 

What you paid for the SIM or what credit you have on it, is unfortunately immaterial.

The SIM needs to be used on EE's UK network before it will work abroad - there is no way around this.

I paid PLN 80 for the sim card plus the code PLN 183 I count on Polish zlotys because I live in Poland and I drive in France and Spain - a truck