cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ROAM ANYWHERE ACTIVATED IN ERROR

jane27091
Contributor
Contributor

I rang 150 to enquire about setting up Roam Anywhere as we are going to the USA in April. I wanted to speak to an advisor about how to go about this and to ask further questions, I chose the correct option thinking that I would be able to speak to someone - I then received a text saying it was now active - how do I now remove this - I do want the service but not for another 6 weeks 

19 REPLIES 19
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jane27091  It’s ok to have it activated now.   Mine is always activated.  

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @jane27091

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Was it the smart benefit you activated or was it the stand alone add-on?

If the pass is a stand alone add-on then you can remove it by texting STOP ROAM FURTHER to 150.

If it is a smart benefit @Chris_B is right, it is OK for this to activated prior to going abroad. If you still wish to remove it you can by following these steps:

1. log in to My EE or use the My EE app

2. go to Menu > Plans, Smart Benefits & add-ons

3. select Smart Benefits and follow the steps to select the pass

What questions do you have regarding the Roam Further pass? I'd love to see if we can help.

Katie 🙂

Hi - thanks for the prompt reply, I have now gone into my online account and can see that the roaming feature and the option to make calls is now blocked - I have tried to add this back on, tried putting a tick in both boxes and I am unable to add this back on, can you please advise how I put this back on, also when I do want to add the roam abroad pass, how do I do this please?

Hi Katie, basically I want to set my phone up now so that I can make calls abroad from UK and also the roaming option, I also want to be able to send and receive text messages and listen to voicemails, I thought if my account is enabled now then at least that is all set up prior to leaving the UK, then in about 6 weeks I want to add the roam abroad pass to my account for 1 month so that I can then make calls back to the UK send and receive text messages for the one off £10.00 per month charge 

Katie_B

Hi @jane27091

That should be fine, if you are unable to activate this yourself please give our customer care team a call who can help activate those two settings for you. 

When you are ready to add the Roam Further Pass you can do so by texting ROAM FURTHER to 150

I hope this helps, 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie - I have no idea now what I have done, I now have extra charges showing on my account to an amount of £31.76, I normally pay £19.21 per month, have recently downgraded to sim only at £14.00 per month and up until the last hour everything was fine, now since calling 150 to discuss roaming I received a text saying it had been activated (I don't want this service yet) I texted STOP ROAMING TO 150 now I don't know what I have done, basically I now want to know what these charges are(they are not visible) and then  change my settings online to enable roaming and make calls abroad from the UK, they are now both blocked ( they were not blocked an hour ago) I have tried numerous times to tick the boxes but keep getting same red message, sorry we have not been able to set up your changes How do I now enable roaming and then add on the roam abroad pass in April?    

Katie_B

Hello @jane27091

Did you ask our team to enable Roaming and Calling Abroad?

Does the text state Roam Further has been activated or just Roaming? the message you have received may be an automated message to confirm Roaming has been enabled on your account. 

We have no account access here on the community so can't see what these charges could be. I would recommend speaking with our customer care team regarding these. 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie - I didnt speak to anyone at all, the text I received said Roam Anywhere is now active

I am still unable to change my settings online - do you have a contact number for customer care as the number I have 0800 0798586 just goes round various options with no option to speak to an advisor?   

Katie_B

Hi @jane27091

You can call 150 from your EE handset. 

I would then recommend selecting the options via the automated service for Account and Billing. 

Katie.