Error 093

Molly68
Visitor

I sent a text and received a text back saying Message for, with identification 3E4005201C04EF61B64801000700E22F could not be delivered, because of error (code 093). What does this mean

2 REPLIES 2
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

That relates to an SMSC ERROR.

It is either one of two things.

Alphanumeric source address with more than 11 characters, or the message content not GSM compliant.

The SMS sender ID is alphanumeric (letters), the maximum number of characters permitted is 11.

An alphanumerical sender ID is the company name or brand used as the sender ID in one-way SMS.

You cannot reply to a text with an alphanumeric sender ID.

If the sender ID is set as a numeric value, allowing the recipient to reply, then the maximum permitted number of digits is 15.

The SMS sender ID is the text display name that you see at the top of your phone’s screen and is used to identify who sent the message. The SMS sender ID is simply who a text message is from.

If the sender ID is set to letters, yourself as the recipient will not be able to reply to the text.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@infinitywaiter : What are you saying? If I receive a text from "-EE-" (as is usual) that I can't reply to it? I bet I can & often do.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)