Data

CameronF57
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I’m in Ukraine. Have loads of data on my phone, however getting  text  messages stating my data is used up and need to add more. Also calls to uk numbers are not connecting, previously was ok!! have complained to Customer Service and still awaiting a response, Help 

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CameronF57    Are you on contract or PAYG ?      You no longer get free roaming in Ukraine.   

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CameronF57 : Are you on contract or PAYG? Had you used that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming billing add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c. Having roaming activated on your EE a/c, not just on your device, is crucial to using your contract SIM abroad.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Also try selecting a network manually rather than auto.

Otherwise you need to call CS to get your roaming activated. Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
I am on contract, I sorted out a daily extra, but still get messages sayong
it used up, when I've been on WiFi and or not using the phone, plus now not
able to call UK phone numbers. Getting no contact or assistance from
Customer Services. I think EE are going down hill

Hi @CameronF57 

As per your contract you only get limited roaming data allowance on your EE account together with limited time abroad allowance. If you have exceeded or are about to reach these limits EE will text you. 

EE SIMS are designed for the UK network and therefore if you intend to spend extended times abroad you are better off getting a local SIM. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
CameronF57
Investigator
Investigator

Have the same, have done for a few days now, to any number that’s not going through the internet eg WhatsApp etc. incredible considering it happening they’re not informing us, but want to send texts to see if I want to buy add ons , I’d just like what I’ve organised and am paying for please!! 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

WhatsApp is an internet-based app, and "calls" are handled by both your phone & the mobile network as data usage not voice calls.

Your symptoms are consistent with a spend cap being active that prevents excess charges being incurred. Check via your myEE online account as to whether you need to increase your cap

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/pay-monthly/set-up-and-manage-spend-cap