cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in New Caledonia

RichR22
Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone tell me why I can’t get any EE coverage / signal / service in New Caledonia? It’s listed and priced as a roaming destination but I can’t connect to any mobile network. Any help greatly appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
Craneguy81
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, I landed in New Caledonia yesterday and have the same problem, I spoke to customer service before I left and they advised me that it’s fine and to add the roam further add on, I’m now here and can’t connect to any network either automatically or manually, anybody have any further information on this please? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Craneguy81

Welcome to the community, hope you're having a nice time in Canada so far.

Is there anyone who's with you that is able to connect to a network? What error message are you given when you try to connect manually?

Chris

Thanks for the reply @Christopher_G @I’m not in Canada I’m in New Caledonia just off of Australia, I don’t get a error message at all the phone ( iPhone X) just won’t connect to a network, I believe there is only one network on the island tho 

Christopher_G

Oh yeah! I don't know why I thought New Caledonia was in Canada, @Craneguy81. Just been having a look there and it looks beautiful.

Is anyone who's with you able to connect to that network?

Chris

It’s very beautiful from my quarantine hotel lol, got to do 7 days before I’m allowed out. Sadly I’m on my own from the company so got nobody else to ask.

Christopher_G

Ah no, @Craneguy81. Do you have to stay in your hotel room?

I know you called before you went, but is roaming showing as enabled within your My EE account?

Chris

Yes 7 days like prison with 3 meals a day and French TV as punishment lol. I haven’t looked at the roaming on my account, I would think it is on due to I work away from the UK a lot and this is the first issue Iv ever had.

Christopher_G

That doesn't sound great, especially not being able to use your phone, @Craneguy81. Do you get WiFi?

Yeah if your SIM has worked in other countries OK, then it must be set up for roaming.

If you're able to in any way, I'd recommend speaking to our Technical Support team to see if there's anything they can do to help.

Chris

Yes only have WiFi in the hotel so can’t call anybody unless on WhatsApp 

Christopher_G

I'm glad to hear you have some contact with home through WiFi, @Craneguy81 

Have you tried our live chat service? It doesn't always work from abroad, but may be worth a try. The link is on the get in touch help page.

Chris