cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant enter Comic Relief competition by text

janinetozer
Investigator
Investigator

I'm unable to enter the Comic Relief competition by text. Message received saying I have a bar. I cannot text UNBAR to 150 as phone says not a valid recipient. 

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @janinetozer

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have a pay as you go or pay monthly account? 

Are you using an installed messaging app, or a downloaded text message app, to send the text to 150? 

Leanne.

Hi  Leanne. I have always had a monthly contract. I use the Samsung normal text messaging. 

ah, think I may have solved it. I searched in messages for messages FROM 150 and replied unbar to that. Previously I was trying to type 150 into the recipient box. I have just received a message that third party bars have been removed. Does this mean my entry will stand, if I received a message before saying they could not be sent? I don't want to enter twice. 

If your previous message couldn't be sent, then there's nothing for the recipient to receive - and so you've not entered.

It's been a while since I entered any competition by text message, but I should imagine they would confirm your entry by return message too - have you received anything?

Leanne_T

Hi @janinetozer

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Does the message now show as sent for Comic Relief? 

Leanne. 

I am not entirely sure as the message came back from Freemsg that I was unable to send because of the bar, after the original messages went through. Not sure how I can check other than looking at my bill at some point

Yes as I say, I received the original message back saying thank you and unless I send CANCEL then I would be charged. Then after that I received the freemsg txt saying I could not use this service. EE have now sent a txt to say I am unbarred for third party. So fingers crossed the entries have gone through 

Leanne_T

Thanks @janinetozer

If you check your usage these should show in your My EE app, as the texts are chargeable, 

Leanne 🙂

There is no reason for the Samsung Messaging app not to accept 150 as the recipient. I'm using it all the time.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)