cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call Irish landlines.

ACAMP90
Explorer

I cannot connect to Irish landlines when calling from the UK. I am ensuring I am putting the correct country code (+353) and double checking the rest of the number. I get no dial tone and then my phone either says "No network connection. Use wifi calling" or the call just ends before I am connected.

I contacted the tech support team regarding this.

They seemed to think the issue was the fact that I didnt have the roaming add-on. I was told that this add-on was activated and was to restart my phone and try again.

However I still have the same issue as before.

Strangely, when doing a bit of investigating, I am able to phone Irish business landlines (ie. a random screwfix in dublin using the number provided on goodle maps).

I've noticed a few others have this same issue on these forums.

Is there any solution?

Cheers in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you calling Ireland from the UK? If so, you are not roaming & therefore have no need of a roaming add-on.

Are you on PAYG? If so, do you have enough credit to make International Calls? They are not included in Pack allowances.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, I'm calling Ireland from the UK.

I'm on a rolling monthly contract, not PAYG. I've noticed that on my account settings the "Make calls abroad from the UK" setting is set to "Blocked".

Would this have any impact on placing the call?

Yes. If you can't enable the Call Abroad & Premium Rate settings of your MyEE, you will need to call CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)