cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't recieve phone calls from O2 Network (Very Specific)

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I have the weirdest thing going on. I can't receive phone calls from anyone on O2

This started happening a week a go when my Mum phoned and it would dial but as soon as I click answer the call will end straight away. I just thought it was a glitch and left it until my boss also on O2 tried calling and it did the same. I then had 4 of my friends all on O2 call and everyone had same issue it would ring but as soon as i answered the call It would end.

This led me to put the sim in another handset to rule out my Iphone. Same issue. I even tried a third handset and the same issue.

I receive several phone calls a day across multiple networks EE, Voda etc with no issues. I can receive texts from all these people on O2 with no issues. However, as soon as I answer a phone call from someone on the O2 network the call will end.

My Sim is on EE

Here is a video of exactly what happens when someone calls me from a O2 Sim

I answer the call and it automatically 'ends'

https://streamable.com/cwooit

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Profile closed 

If the incoming call is ringing on your phone, then the core network data to allow the call to route - is proven as working.

Anything beyond that would normally be a device issue - either a blocked number (it shouldn't ring in the first place) or possibly a DND setting.

Does it make any difference if the incoming call is presenting caller-ID or not? That would be a good test of whether a phone-settings issue is somehow causing this.

Although it's not relevant at this stage, I'll also ask whether your number is a natively-issued EE one, or has been ported in at any stage. And if so, from where?

The only way to categorically prove the device as not at fault would be to perform a factory reset and try the incoming call immediately afterwards - but that is rather extreme at this stage without some further checks.

Profile closed
Not applicable

@bristolian 

If the person withholds their number the issue still remains. I have never ported this number and have had it for several years without issue.

Just to clarify if someone calls me from a EE Sim, Voda or any other network other than O2 the call can be answered correctly.

As for the handset issue I have now tried this exact sim and number in 2 IPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Moto G and a Redmi Note and 2 tablets. The issue remains across the board if someone phones me from a O2 sim/number the phone rings and when I go to answer it immediately ends call. 

I have had a total of 7 people now call me from O2 across several handsets all with the same issue. Any other network connects fine. 

As for the blocked numbers I have none blocked as for do not disturb I don’t have it enabled. Am as mentioned the issue is across several devices.

I noticed my link didn’t work in my initial post but here is a video of my issue https://streamable.com/gfqp38

I have a second number (my partners) with EE on my account and once I pop that sim into any of my devices I’ve already tried her sim works fine and I can receive phone calls from O2 across all my devices. All pointing to a fault with my sim in my humble opinion.  

Hi @Profile closed.

Welcome to the community.

Thanks for going into detail and performing a range of different tests.

I agree, it sounds like the issue is following your SIM card or possibly your account in general.

The best way to move forward with this would be to speak with our Tech Gurus and letting them know everything you've tried so far. They'll be able to run through additional troubleshooting steps with you and help you get to the bottom of this issue.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Jon

Profile closed
Not applicable

I’ve spoken to the tech gurus and they told me to do the basics. Restart phone. Check my network is showing EE etc. They did an area check and there is no issues.

Then they concluded that the issue is with O2. 

Which it’s not. As if I remove my sim and use my partners sim on EE all my handsets/devices work when receiving a call from the O2 network. 

Also, while at work today my colleague also on EE I got several people on O2 to ring his phone and answer which worked fine in the same area I got them to ring me and the issue remains. I’ve done enough checks my end to be 99.9% certain the sim is the issue. 

Pretty stuck at the moment. Getting nowhere with EE….. 

Thanks @Profile closed.

The basic checks are usually necessary just to make sure nothing has been missed.

The next step would be for our Tech Gurus to gather examples of these calls failing and raise an investigation ticket to try and get to the route of the problem.

If you can gather a few examples potentially in different locations I'd recommend getting back in touch.

Jon

I'm not hugely surprised by that outcome.

The area check will have been to check for network coverage faults, and this isn't that.

This is either a SIM or device issue IMO. The device can be proven by a full backup, factory reset, test, and then restore.

It might be worth a shot, but otherwise you'll need to persuade EE C/S to replace your SIM. Out of interest, when did this problem start?

Profile closed
Not applicable

It can’t be a device issue purely based on the fact I have now tried this sim in 5 handsets and 2 tablets and the issue remains across the board. 2 of them devices have been reset since to no avail. 

I pop my partners sim in any of these devices and she can successfully receive calls from the same people (O2) I can’t in the same devices. 

I’ll keep on at EE and hopefully they can do something! The issue has been happening now for about a few weeks @bristolian