cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from the UK when I am in Turkey

bulentongun
Visitor
Hello, I am in Turkey now. I have a pay monthly plan, and just bought a 60 global roaming minutes (36 hours ago). I can call +44 and +90 (turkey code numbers) numbers but can't receive any call from Turkey nor UK numbers. I use 2 EE numbers with my iPhone (This one is with sim card, other as an eSim), the eSim one which i didn't buy the add on can call and also receive calls, but the main one only get calls. 1- I restarted my phone and also tried flight mode too, but both didn't work. 2-I have checked the add on looks like it is defined on the right number Anyone who can help? Thanks, Bulent
1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @bulentongun 

Welcome to the EE community

Firstly, regardless of what billing add-ons you may have, the ability to use your phone abroad is governed by having "international roaming" & "call abroad & premium rate" options enabled on your account.

By virtue of your ability to make outbound calls, I'm assuming these options are enabled and your phone shows signal bars.

It all therefore logically follows that your inability to receive calls is caused by either a phone/local network fault, or a call divert/DND setting that you've inadvertently enabled. It's possible for a SIM-selection issue to be the cause too, are you using Android or iOS?

The first two possibilities can be tested by rebooting your phone and hopefully connecting to an alternative local network. Have you tried this?