cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls won’t go through to someone on EE, but do with other networks?

H17
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, since Monday I have not been able to get through to someone via calling who is also on EE. When I attempt to call, it doesn’t not ring at all but immediately goes to voicemail and the automated voice tells me ‘this service is under maintenance’ then the phone call cuts off. However, I can still call others who don’t use EE fine. What can I do please?

6 REPLIES 6
H17
Investigator
Investigator

When I attempt to call, it doesn’t ring at all*

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @H17.

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to call other people on EE, or is it just the one person you're having trouble with?

Can you send them a text message?

Jon

H17
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thank you and yes it appears that my texts go through. Also, I haven’t been able to test that one and call phones on EE out since most of the people I know are not on EE and when I ring other phones on different networks the call is fine

Hannah 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @H17

Do you know if they can receive calls from other people? 

Could they have accidently blocked your number from calling? 

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T 

I have no idea if they can since I can’t get through and haven’t seen them since last weekend. But no they haven’t blocked me. It did the same thing on Monday but then the call went through, I tried to ring again Tuesday and so on but it kept telling me the service was under maintenance again. It’s really strange! 

Hannah 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @H17

If you can call other numbers OK, this would be a problem at their end. 

If you are able to contact them please get them to give us a call, so we can get this looked into for them 🙂

Leanne.