cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls ending after 10 minutes - why?

Lynkk
Investigator
Investigator

This problem has only started tonight but I get 3 beeps at around 9 minuted 30 seconds and then at 10 minutes the call cuts off. Every day/night before this has been fine but it's changed all of a sudden. Could anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Lynkk.

Welcome to the community.

Does this happen at the same time on every call?

Does it happen with all calls or just certain contacts?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Jon

Hey @Jon_K!

Thank you!

Well the last time I called anyone was the night before, I was on that call for 3 hours, no problems.

The next time I called anyone was when I posted in here last night and it happened 3 times in a row with the same number at exactly 10 minutes each time.

I heard the beeps but the person on the other end didn't so I assumed it was my end. 

The 4th call I turned on 'wifi calling' on my phone and it 'fixed' it, so I think it is the network but I'm not sure why. 

Sorry I can't give you more information! I haven't tested it anymore since. 

Leah

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Lynkk.

I'd recommend monitoring this and making a note of the time/date of any dropped calls if this happens again.

Making a note of them would help massively with an investigation into the cause of this if it continues.

Hopefully it was a one-off, but let us know if this continues.

Jon

Morning!

I turned my wifi on my mobile off last night and called with just the network and it was fine, no issues whatsoever. Probably was just a one off like you said! I'll make sure to note it down if it does start again though.

Thanks for helping out 🙂 

Leah

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lynkk

Please let us know if this happens again. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

Leanne.