Call divert

Boltysan
Explorer

Hi all, is there a way to divert all my calls to a different number? I'm using a SIM card from a different network for a couple of weeks and I'd like to be able to get calls to my EE number without having to have two phones with me, I'd imagine that this would have to be done at EE level rather than phone settings due to me not having the EE sim in the phone.
TIA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes as long as your on a Pay Monthly Contract, easiest way would be to use the Network Switch Commands for Unconditional Divert over the Phone Commands, from your EE Sim in a phone -

To activate: **21*PhoneNumber# where the Phone Number is your Target

To cancel: ##21#

To check the set up: *#21#

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes as long as your on a Pay Monthly Contract, easiest way would be to use the Network Switch Commands for Unconditional Divert over the Phone Commands, from your EE Sim in a phone -

To activate: **21*PhoneNumber# where the Phone Number is your Target

To cancel: ##21#

To check the set up: *#21#

Thanks EsseexBoyEE, that worked a treat👍

Your welcome, glad to be of help

cbr1100chris
Explorer

Will this divert texts as well?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cbr1100chris 

The call divert will only divert calls to another number. 

Leanne.

If you have a very specific requirement to divert Text / SMS Only, some of the older MiFi Devices (Not all of them) can be set up to do this, the Target Sim would need to placed in the MiFi Device and the Text Message would be resent to another Mobile Number. The Target Sim would need to have Credit or a Text Plan in order to resend the Message.

I actually do this when Im abroad using one or more Sims, so I dont have to leave my own Sim On Actively Roaming just to receive Text Messages or Voice Mail Alerts.

cbr1100chris
Explorer

Hi Lianne_T and EssexBoy,

Thank you for your answers. Let me explain the situation.

I have had to migrate to EE as PlusNet is closing its service. Whereas EU roaming was free and easy with PN, I was dismayed to find EE ( over) charge for this facility. I have a duel sim Android, and was thinking of purchasing a PAYG Lebara for my foreign travels ( usually just a week or so long), and was thinking I could divert calls and texts to this, and use it for data. From your answers, it would appear that diverting calls is possible, but not texts. Unless anyone knows differently... .

James_B
EE Community Support Team

That's right @cbr1100chris, it isn't possible to divert text messages.

James