cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate roaming while abroad

anning
Visitor

I didn't text roaming to 150 before I left UK. Now I'm abroad and can't send the text any mor. Is there a way to activate roaming while abroad? Please don't suggest using the parental control in the account setting as I did and it didn't work

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @anning 

Welcome to the community. I hope you're having a lovely time abroad so far.

You will need to speak to our Mobile Care team from another phone so they can activate it from our side for you.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G

Hi @anning 

Welcome to the community. I hope you're having a lovely time abroad so far.

You will need to speak to our Mobile Care team from another phone so they can activate it from our side for you.

Chris

jah13
Visitor

The link in the post above will get you to.....................

All our brilliant teams are based in the UK or Ireland.

+44 7953966250

Please check our roaming charges for calling costs

Mon to Fri 8am - 9pm
Sat to Sun 8am - 8pm

But not much use if you have no phone to call from (Will cost too!?)

Please can activate my roaming 

Christopher_G

Hi @Mi50 

Welcome to the community.

If you're in the UK, you just need to text ROAMING to 150.

If you've travelled abroad already without activating it first, you'll need to speak to our Mobile Care team. You can find our contact information, including a number to call from another phone, on our contact us page.

Chris

ASHLEYBARBER
Visitor

How can i phone your mobile care team if i don t have the ability to make phone calls until you turn my roaming on????

this makes no sense. how is there not a chat bot on the website in 2023? So infuriating 

@ASHLEYBARBER : Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)