Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 mths in New Zealand

hueym10
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

My partner and I are going to NZ for 6 months in september.  We are both EE pay monthly customers.  What is the best way of using our phones whilst there, or can we puase our contracts while we are away?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@hueym10  There is no option to freeze a contract.    You can purchase the roam further pass SEE HERE so you can use your allowance while there.  Roaming is for no longer than 2 months so you could end up paying for international calls/texts after this time, 

thanks Chris - there must be another way!  we can't afford to pay our contracts here for 6 months!  

Hi @hueym10 

The stable links policy that @Chris_B has referred to, is worth a read on page 3 of this EE help document 

Unless you choose to avail yourself of the roam-further policy and the "2 month in 4" doesn't become an issue, your other option is to request an early disconnection of your number - but you will be liable for early termination charges if you're still within your minimum term.

Contractually, you have agreed to pay your monthly fee for (at least) the duration of your minimum term.

thanks. but we will be there for 6 months - it's not like we can pop back!   Can we not prove our 'stable links' in another way?  We will still be paying our mortgage, for example.....

I would recommend calling EE C/S on 150 to discuss your specific circumstances - they will have access to your account, which no-one on here does.

I would be interested in the outcome here.

Tried 150, but gave up after 40 minutes on hold...

😞

tried "My EE".  

"your product cannot be registered at this time"

"you do not have permission to change these settings"

utterly baffling.

I think if a person is a permanent UK resident, there is no need to be able to prove the second part because the word "or" appears below.

"You must comply with the EE fair use policy which includes you being a permanent resident in, or having a stable link to, the UK."

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net