Roaming

LeeHants
Investigator
Investigator

I am in New Zealand with my iPhone and my wifes iPhone. We bought bot mobiles a roaming add on. Followed instructions before arrived. Have arrived and can’t get any mobile data on either mobile. We have followed all EE guidance to resolve the issue to no avail. We can’t use the two methods to contact them.

Believe the add on has not been activated on our mobile roaming.

Can anyone help us to get our mobile data working.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hello,

All resolved.

The NZ roaming package had not been applied to my mobile roaming.

Also found out the following

f you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiF

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LeeHants  Did you text ROAM to 150 beforehand so roaming was enabled on your account?  Purchasing add ons like the one you have allows you to use your allowances while there it doesn’t enable roaming as this is not something you  purchase it’s an option you enable on your account so your device can connect to a roaming network and hence use the add on to use your allowances while there. 

Have you tried just simply restarting the device?  As this can help if roaming is enabled on your account already. 

Yes we have both followed that set of guidance. We have paid and used this before and all was ok. We have tried the help guidance and roaming guidance. The mobiles do initially connect but is shortly dropped.

We have had to call before when abroad to get someone to make some changes.

Thanks for the advise
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LeeHants 

Thanks for coming here. 

Can you make calls and send texts? 

Leanne.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks. Does your phone show a connection to any Kiwi mobile networks?

On PAYG, this is auto-enabled once your phone is used in the UK first.
On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.

Yes we did that.

Just got through to EE helpdesk and they had to apply the New Zealand part of the package to the roaming as it had not been applied in the uk. Managed to telephone with great assistance from the Hotel we had been staying.

ALL OK NOW
Can’t do any of that. Can only get access to data via W
Katie_B

Hello @LeeHants

Could you please confirm if this is now resolved?

Katie

Hello,

All resolved.

The NZ roaming package had not been applied to my mobile roaming.

Also found out the following

f you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiF
Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @LeeHants 

Leanne 🙂