cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Brentford

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 03 May 2024 

We are building the new mast on the roof top of a high rise building. This will take longer than some of our other new mast builds, because we are taking every step to ensure we meet the Government's new legislation following the Grenfell Tower investigation. 

As a result of the investigation, additional safety protocols and certifications need to be provided. We are currently reviewing all our requirements to make sure we meet these, and providing the required documentation to obtain the certification and approval needed to start building the equipment. 

We will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 04 March 2024

Over the past few months, our engineers continued with legal steps and are in discussions with the landowner. Pending a positive outcome from the legal negotiations, we can start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

Update: 06 October 2023

Over the past few months, our engineers have started legal steps to legally acquire the land from the landowner, and we are currently waiting for a court date to negotiate next steps for the build to start. Pending a positive outcome from the legal negotiations, we can start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

Update: 11 May 2023

Over the past few months, our engineers have had legal approval to access the area and complete surveys for the new mast and these have been completed. As part of the legal negotiations, we have started the next step to legally acquire the land from the landowner and start building the equipment. Once all legal steps have been completed and pending a positive outcome for the build to start, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast. 

Update: 16 March 2023

Over the past few months, our engineers have had approval on the amended designs and are working with the site provider to legally acquire the land. We expect to have a decision from the legal negotiations by the beginning of April. Pending a positive outcome, we can start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date for the second mast in Brentford.

Update: 12 January 2023

Over the past month, our engineers have had approval on the amended designs – which were submitted to the council as part of the planning permission – and we are currently working with the site provider to legally acquire the land and start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Once all legal negotiations have been approved, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the second mast in the area.

Update: 25 November 2022

Our engineers have been working with council to approve planning permission for the second new site in the area. As part of the planning permission, we have been required to amend the designs to incorporate a safe access route to the area. The amended designs have been submitted for approval. Pending a positive outcome, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the second new mast. Once the build is completed, we will start integrating the mast onto the network and confirm an approximate on-air date.  

Update: 30 August 2022

Over the past few months, planning permission has been accepted for the second new site in the area following the appeal. We have completed the required designs to make sure the area will be health and safety compliant and submitted these to the council for review. Pending a positive outcome, we can start legal steps to legally acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the second new mast.

Update: 22 June 2022

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have submitted the planning appeal to the council for the second new site in the area, and we’re currently awaiting the outcome.

Pending a positive outcome and planning permission is approved, we can start legal steps to acquire the land from the site provider and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

Update: 03 May 2022

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have built the equipment needed for the new mast and this has been integrated onto the network. 2G, 3G and 4G are now back on-air and we are monitoring performance in the area.

To further improve coverage in Brentford, we are working with the council to build a second mast and are awaiting a decision from the planning appeal. Pending a positive outcome, we can start building the equipment needed and integrate the mast onto the network.

Update: 14 April 2022

Over the past few months, our engineers have completed the electrical surveys and they have passed the health and safety tests. Barring any unforeseen delays, our engineers are scheduled to start building the equipment needed by the end of April. We expect the mast to be integrated onto the network by the beginning of June.

Our engineers have submitted a planning appeal for the second location and are currently awaiting a decision from the local council. Pending a positive outcome, we can start building the equipment needed for the mast.

Update: 21 March 2022

Over the past few months our engineers have been working at the first location to start building the equipment needed. During the visits they have found further electrical tests were needed to make sure the area is health and safety compliant. Pending a positive outcome to the electrical tests, we expect to start building the equipment needed for the new mast in April. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the mast to be integrated onto the network by the end of June.

For the second location, the area was found to be unsuitable for the equipment and our engineers have located a new area for the mast. Our engineers have submitted the initial planning application for the mast, and this has been rejected. We are currently appealing the decision and will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 14 January 2022

Over the past few months our engineers have had the designs approved and we have legally acquired the land for the original location, barring any unforeseen delays, we expect to start building the equipment needed for the new mast at the site by the end of February.

We are currently working with the landowner for the second location, we have submitted new designs and pending a positive outcome we will begin legal steps to acquire the land in February.

Update: 04 November 2021

Our engineers have been progressing with the two sites in Brentford over the past few weeks.

We have submitted design specifications for the original location and currently awaiting approval. Once this step is completed, we can start legal steps to acquire the land and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

Our engineers have submitted designs for the second location and have had these designs rejected by the landowner. We are currently working on new designs and making the changes requested. Once the re-designs have been submitted and pending a positive outcome, we can start legal steps to acquire the land and start to build the equipment needed.

Once we have an approximate on-air date for either masts, we will update this post.

Update: 07 October 2021

Our engineers have been working on the surveys for the second mast in the area over the past month. Submitting the survey to the council has been slightly delayed due to new designs being required. We expect the designs to be completed by the end of October.

Once the surveys have been submitted to the council and planning permission has been accepted, we will update this post with an approximate installation date for the second mast.

Update: 07 September 2021

Over the past few months, our engineers have been working with the site provider to legally acquire the land and are currently waiting for a hearing date to complete the process. We expect all legal steps to be completed by the end of October.

Once the land has been legally acquired, we can start to build the equipment needed and confirm an installation date for the new mast.

To further improve service in Brentford, our engineers have located an area for a second new mast and are working with the site provider to make sure the land is suitable. We expect all surveys to be completed by the end of September. Once these steps are complete, we can apply for planning permission from the council to install the mast.

Update: 19 May 2021

Our engineers have completed the design specifications for the new site to make sure they are health and safety compliant, and they have been approved. We are now in the process of legally acquiring the land from the site provider. Once all legal steps have been complete, we can start to build the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate installation date. We are progressing with the new site as quickly as we can to restore service.

In case of any unforeseen complications, we have started surveys on the two other potential locations to make sure the area will be suitable for the equipment to be installed if required.

Update: 13 April 2021

Over the past few months our engineers have been carrying out surveys on two areas that we had located for the new mast. Unfortunately, we have found that one of these areas is not going to be suitable for the mast and we have had to halt progress. The second location is progressing, and the surveys are complete, and we are now working on design specifications for the site to ensure it is health and safety compliant.  We will then be taken through all of the necessary regulatory steps for approval. This stage in the process is expected to be complete by the end of May 2021, providing a compliant drawing can be agreed, at which point we can look to legally acquire the land and begin the build.

In addition to this prospective location we are progressing with two newly identified potential locations in case of any unforeseen complications. We are currently in negotiations with the landowner and, as soon as all talks are complete, our engineers can start the surveys needed to make sure the area will be suitable for the equipment to be installed if required.

We are progressing with the new location as quickly as we can to restore service to the area. Once this stage is complete and we have an installation date, we will update you on this post.

Update: 15 December 2020

We began looking for a replacement location as soon as we were made aware Brentford FC football ground was being redeveloped, and we could no longer use the site for our mast. 

Over the past year, we’ve been looking at numerous locations for a replacement site, and progressed a number of areas through to an advanced stage in the planning and build process. However, various legal and logistical reasons have unfortunately cancelled these plans and we were forced to begin the process again.  

We have located an area for the new mast and are currently in negotiations with the landowner to progress with the installation of the equipment needed. Once this stage is complete, we will be able to confirm an approximate installation date.

We’re aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in Brentford. 

Our site in the area was located in the Brentford FC football ground, which is being redeveloped, unfortunately, this means that our equipment had to be removed.

We’re currently in the process of locating a permanent new site and looking at locations for a temporary site, so that we can continue to provide coverage in the area and will keep you updated on this post. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, if you’re an EE pay monthly customer with a compatible phone you can use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection.  

For details on how to set up this service, please see our WiFi calling help pages.

59 REPLIES 59
Chloe4479
Investigator
Investigator

Your responce to this is that if I want to use my phone I need WiFi. 

My question is if I don't have WiFi as for example I am out then how do I go about making and receiving calls?

And what kind of compensation is in place for customers like myself in this area whom cant make and receive calls. Still paying for a service that we cannot use?

You also state that We’re currently in the process of locating a permanent new site and looking at locations for a temporary site, so that we can continue to provide coverage in the area and will keep you updated on this post.

This site has been under development for a very long time. Are you saying that you was unaware of this. I find that unlikely. All developers have planning and procedures before ground work has been put in place. 

What time frame do you expect before a temporary site is found.? And please don't say you can't say. You must have a time frame. 

Pamela91150
Explorer

As if you didn t know about the development In Brentford ground stadium. It has been quite a long time. Telling us we are looking for a new site??? What a joke!!!!!i want a clear answer from you WHEN tHIS NEW SITE WILL BE FIND???!

This is very annoying and frustrating for not using or receiving calls, text messages and plus WiFi. It s been 3 weeks now. What about compensation??? 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Leanne_T

Hi @Pamela91150 @Chloe4479 

We began looking for a replacement location as soon as we were made aware Brentford FC football ground was being redeveloped and we could no longer use the site for our mast.

Over the past year we have been looking at numerous locations for a replacement site. However, various legal and logistical reasons have unfortunately delayed the permanent mast being installed. 

We are now progressing with new locations and looking at temporary solutions to restore service to the area.

Thanks.

Leanne.

HI 

any updates? It has been long enough. We want some answers!!! 

Until this is fixed you should be stopping any payments and puting contracts on hold.

We are paying for a service. A service your not providing. 

We all want answers and compensation until this is fixed.

Leanne_T

Hi @Pamela91150 @Chloe4479

We began looking for a replacement location as soon as we were made aware Brentford FC football ground was being redeveloped and we could no longer use the site for our mast.

Over the past year we have been looking at numerous locations for a replacement site. However, various legal and logistical reasons have unfortunately delayed the permanent mast being installed. 

We are now progressing with new locations and looking at temporary solutions to restore service to the area.

As soon as we have a further update, this will be posted on the main post.

If you’re affected by this mast being offline and would like to discuss your options, please get in touch with our Mobile Care team.

Leanne.

Jacksogh1987
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m also waiting for answers! Have spoken to EE today and they told me by the end of the year...

It was announced Brentford stadium would be demolished and the land sold in March 2014.
Why therefore did EE only start looking for a replacement mast site within this past year? 

I have no mobile or calls service and this is now greatly affecting my business. To have this ongoing indefinitely and reluctantly offer to cover my bill (providing I ask for this on a monthly basis) is grossly insufficient.
This is clearly not being managed properly. Please provide;

- a full timeline

- specific dates on which to publish regular status updates, specifically to all customers in TW8

- what compensation will be made available for customers

Jacksogh1987
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I agree.

I noticed how bad my reception was in the past few weeks, and I now cannot take ANY calls inside my apartment.

It is very embarrassing for my business to have to ask to call everybody back using FaceTime Audio.  Not very professional.

I have also been offered compensation for November and December, but I feel that this is insufficient.  I am genuinely considering renting out a co-working space from January, because it is impossible to continue with this lack of signal.  

They have tentatively said 'hopefully by the end of the year'.  I wonder whether this will actually happen or not.....