Investigator
Investigator

pcqkG1k.jpeg

reason: the phone mast is covered in snow 

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@24luke215  Or just perhaps the 3G signal has been switched off from that mast. 

why would that happen

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@24luke215  3G is being switched off country wide.   Perhaps you should read THIS   It’s been common knowledge for over year now it’s going to switched off. 

It’s not just EE it’s all networks, world wide 

they will have to turn it back on in my area, i am only getting an E signal now and it seems to be overloaded

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @24luke215 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you text HANDSET to 150 what reply do you get? 

You can find full details and support in our We’re Switching Off Our 3G Network (ee.co.uk)

Leanne.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

The weather conditions you've described would not be the reason - of themselves - for a loss of service.

How long have you had loss of service for? And where, roughly, in the country are you?

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@bristolian   The E is just your device connected to  EDGE ,  basically 2G.     If 3G has been switched off in that area it'll not be switched back on.   

2G is only good for calls/texts as that’s all it was designed for.   

i am in west yorkshire and the 3G has been missing yesterday and today

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

3G was switched off across Yorkshire longer ago than the past couple of days, so your loss of service will be something else.

The 3G switchoff is permanent though, 4G phones will continue unaffected but 3G phones will now be using 2G all the time. Voice & text will be fine as mentioned, but mobile data use now requires 4G.