cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling won’t work

Panda2019
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

looking advice on how to get Wi-Fi calling to work on an iPhone 13. We have virtually no signal in our village so rely on this but for some reason it has stopped working. 

I have turned the phone off and on, reset the router and reset the network settings on the phone multiple times and nothing is working. 

Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Do you have sufficient coverage that you're able to make & receive calls using 4G-calling? That would be a valid reason for WiFi-calling to not engage.

If not, and assuming you can use other internet-based functions on the phone over WiFi, does this same problem recur on multiple routers? Or do multiple phones not connect when using your router?

Thank you for your reply. I do have an intermittent signal so I thought it could be that however it doesn’t work when I turn the phone on airplane mode and just put Wi-Fi on. I only have the one router at home and haven’t tried it at anyone else’s house. My husbands phone connects fine. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Panda2019 

Wifi calling on the iphone is horrendous. Any sniff of a mobile signal and it will disconnect (and from my experience on iphone XR) and the transfer from wifi to mobile will fail. 

No real solution as unlike on android you cannot choose the priority (wifi over mobile). 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Northerner   That’s not the case anymore,  to get my phone off WiFi calling I have to switch off WiFi calling or turn off the WiFi on my device.  Wi-Fi calling over rides cellular.   It was like this on my 12 and now my 15.  Is the XR up to date ? iOS 17 ? 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B 

I want to use wifi calling not disconnect it. The wifi calling to cellular transfer is rubbish and 100%  of the time i can hear the caller but they cannot hear me = dead call as i have to hang up, then it falls back onto WiFi calling as the the cellular signal it was using is inadequate. 

Yes my XR is up-to-date. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I've found Android's mobile-preferred to be a reliable way of using VoWiFi. I have had issues on previous devices that turned out to be faulty.