Struggling coverage

Buckysplums
Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone else been having trouble with their signal coverage? I’ve been struggling with it since November last year

13 REPLIES 13
Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah I think the coverage has gotten noticeably worse the past couple years. There are points in a city and also when driving into my neighbourhood that I have to say whoever I'm on the phone to that the call will drop while I drive through it. The coverage map shows it as a good coverage so the map is just pure BS at this point too.

Even the other day in the city centre and a strong 5G signal, I couldn't load anything. Other half also on EE had the same problem. It's just so unreliable these days.

@Buckysplums , @Ollmall , it might help if you put the postcode or area here, as that does not happen everywhere. Also if there are problems where you are, you can report it and register to have updates, registering and reporting on the coverage checker app.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Oh trust me I've reported it. I always get messages back saying no issues have been found in your area.

Although I'd say at least a couple times a week I get messages saying 'a problem has been detected in your area' with a message a few hours later saying 'a problem has been resolved'. Literally nothing changes in those times. I've been getting those messages for months.

I can literally pin point on a map exactly where calls will fail, not just in my immediate area but on routes to different places as well. While I obviously don't expect coverage to be perfect, I expect it would at least be consistent enough to not drop most calls that I make if I move around at all.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Buckysplums wrote:

Has anyone else been having trouble with their signal coverage?

It's quite common for users to rely on their onscreen bars and get unnecessarily concerned with "only one bar" or similar, when numerous factors are at play.

You've mentioned dropped calls, does VoLTE show on your phone screen when calls are failing?

Question intentionally directed specifically at @Buckysplums who started this thread, to avoid multiple users wading in.

Even when I check the network coverage in My EE App, they can’t even check my area! 

It’s weird, when my signal dips to 1 bar, I can still call and text but can’t use my Data. And that’s still in the city I live in! 

I know that there is an issue with the network in the city I live in, in the UK.

I can still call and text on one bar. It’s just my Data I can’t use when it drops to one bar. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Data should still work on "one bar", although the underlying radio parameters that contribute to the bars are of more concern.

What happens when you try using mobile data in the problematic location? Does your phone show VoLTE (Android) or 4G-call (Apple)?

My mobile data doesn’t work altogether when I get one bar. 

I’m on 4G as I have an iPhone 14. I never had a problem with getting signal until the last few months. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I'm unfamiliar with Apple, but Android phones certainly shouldn't have that issue in these circumstances. 4G-calling should still show separately from 4G, and would be a good additional indicator.

Comparing with other EE users in the same locations would be the next logical step.