Signal

Zx10jord
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone signal on EE around my area is so bad, I made the mistake of changing from O2 to EE and now I can't make calls at work or at home around my general area my local EE shop never checked coverage before I signed up and I went back in after 14 days and they basically told me tough luck.is there anything I can do as I'm paying for something I can't even use I just want to go back to O2 and be able to make a phone call 

10 REPLIES 10
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @Zx10jord 

Can you not access ee wifi calling service? 

Did you buy online or in store. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Zx10jord , have you checked here, where you can register and report the problem:

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee/keep-me-posted

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Does your phone show VoLTE/4G-calling indicators when you have problems?

It would be unusual to have a no-coverage situation across as wide an area as you imply.

Yes iv set up WiFi calling but that's only good when I have WiFi I don't have WiFi at work only in my house which defeats the point of having a mobile phone I may aswel have a land line at this point 😂

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zx10jord,

What did the coverage checker report for your area?

James

So the store I got the phone from didn't check for me, but I went in to a different store and he said there's low signal around my area 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zx10jord,

If you enter you postcode at EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Check your signal, what does it report?

James

It's showing 2 bars saying I can get cover outside but not inside but that's not the case I can't make phone calls outside and my phone doesn't ring if someone tries to call my phone it just sends me a missed call message 

No it just shows 4g sometimes then and exclamation mark from time to time on the signal bars, I work just down the road from my home maybe half a mile