cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming notifications

garneralan
Explorer

Is it possible to stop the SMS notifications telling me about roaming charges? I spend a lot of my time near country borders and cross them quite frequently.  All these messages are simply excessive.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

These cannot be disabled - they are intended as much to advise intentional roamers as to warn unintentional ones.

If you live near a border location, then the "you are roaming" notifications are part & parcel of having roaming activated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @garneralan

Do you require roaming to be active when you are visiting these countries?

If you disable roaming on your account this will stop you connecting to a local network which will stop your welcome texts. 

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

These cannot be disabled - they are intended as much to advise intentional roamers as to warn unintentional ones.

If you live near a border location, then the "you are roaming" notifications are part & parcel of having roaming activated.

Hi Katie

i don’t have roaming enabled for that SIM (I have a second SIM from another provider to handle data across both countries), yet I still receive EE “welcome to x country. There may be a charge to access..” messages.