cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What justification for a 3.9% increase?

James5980
Explorer

Are you saying that some of our price increases are going towards others that can’t afford their bills? 

Customer service has always been great with EE, could never knock it but it seems like my signal has got worse over the past couple of years. Even though my phone says it’s 2 bar signal it’s really poor in the house, I usually have to go onto WhatsApp to call people it’s so bad. 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@James5980  just a thought, have you tried using Wi-Fi calling?   It’s what it’s there for. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Two different phones can give a different onscreen readout for the exact same carrier - this is why onscreen bars are only an indicator and should never be the be-all-and-end-all. There should be no service issues resulting from "only 2 bars", that's perfectly usable and more than I have now - with no problems resulting.

Does your phone show VoLTE (Android) or 4G-calling (Apple) when you have calling problems? The advice to use WiFi-calling is valid - this allows full use of your phone for direct-dialled voice calls & text messages, without needing any app or mobile network coverage.

I’ve just checked and my wi-fi calling is on. 

I have WiFi calling turned on, even just walking into a different room will just end the call. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

In the vast majority of cases, WiFi-calling will only kick in when mobile coverage drops below an unacceptable level, 2 bars would suggest this is not the case.

As per my previous post, does your phone show VoLTE (Android) or 4G-calling (Apple) when you have calling problems?