cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 5g is so slow its unusable but I cant turn it off

Duffersd
Investigator
Investigator

I am in Aberdeen (centre), and the 5g is terrible, generally slow, though not always.

Over the last few months it's been getting worse, the signal drops off to nothing after about ten minutes of use. 

Considering the consistent advertising that EE has the best network and service, this performance is somewhat irritating. 

5 REPLIES 5
Duffersd
Investigator
Investigator

I agree with the issues above, I am in Aberdeen and the 5g has become consistently worse over the past few months. 

5g is completely unreliable and when the signal goes my phone is only able to send receive calls, no data functions at all. 

I've seen comments about only checking speeds and connectivity outside, absolute rubbish! How can I be sold a comms device and only use it reliably outside.

I echo the other comments in the forum that Vodafone may become a viable option. 

1000043544.png

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your coverage is dropping to nothing, that would suggest a localised issue.

Although I'm puzzled about your statement "when the signal goes my phone is only able to send receive calls" - if you have no coverage, then the only way you can make & receive calls would be via WiFi-calling.

If you're in poor 5G coverage, it would be normal for your phone to drop back to 4G service instead. Are you saying this isn't happening?

I assume it's the signal part you are puzzled by.... 

As I am making the point about the 5g coverage, the signal I lose is the 5g signal. 

My phone rarely goes to 4g. 

I have 5g, my connection speed starts dropping, web pages, apps start to lag, then they can't connect, then I get '5g!' signifying loss of 5g, the phone remains in this state until the 5g returns. Anything up to ten minutes later.

Regards Shaun 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Duffersd 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you reported the signal issues on the coverage and status checker

Leanne.