cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 5G or maybe phone

Bazyliszek
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what's going on, I'm out of ideas.
I have a card with 5G EE, the phone also, it is an armored V30Doogee that I need for work.
Everything worked fine in the 5G areas, and I was getting 5G
But for almost two weeks, I have a problem to get internet of any kind, I have a download of 0.25-0.60
I have to use a second phone in the car with another EE card as a hotspot.
Is it the phone's fault, because when I turn off the EE network and I have a 2.4/5G router at home and my computer has a 5G connection, the phone unfortunately can't get that connection, so I guess it's the phone's fault for suddenly losing 5G
The phone's software is up to date, android version too.
On the phone I am not even able to do Speed test, is very poor.
But it's hard to suspect the phone, since when it connects to the other phone and uses the hotspot, the internet is there.
So maybe I'm having trouble with the sim card, EE's website claims that in my area the internet is at a good level.

10 REPLIES 10
bristolian
Legend
Legend

From what I understand here, you have 2 phones and an internet dongle/router - 1 phone and the dongle are slow, one phone is fine.

Can you swap SIMs between a working & non-working device? See if the issue follows the SIM or remains with the device. Also whether a non-working device has the same issue in other locations.

Only one phone is relevant to me, the one I use for work (V30)

The other phone, only helps to get internet, but I understand what you mean, I will try to check what you say.
Today I was under the 5G transmitter, the phone sees (5G) but does not get a connection, the maximum speed is 9-11Mbps.
All the diagnostic programs on the phone show that I only have a 4G connection (at the 5G transmitter)
So I guess the problem is with the SIM card.
I had a contract sim card 5G for 24 months, this period has expired, but I still have this card and use and pay bills, is it possible that after the contract period I was downgraded to 4G?
My connection is so slow that I can't work and I use applications that need to have a constant connection to the Internet.
This is a big problem for me

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bazyliszek 

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you changed the plan? 

Does this still show as a 5G plan in your EE app? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

No, nothing was changed, it is still as 5G

As I said, time ran out a year ago, but I'm still paying, and I still think this plan is continuing
Am I wrong and there has been a downgrade to 4G?

I did a complete reboot on the phone of all settings related to internet, wi-fi and other settings, it did not help anything

Screenshot_20240208-143456_2.png

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

That is a 5G plan you would not be downgraded to 4G when the plan ends @Bazyliszek 

Can you access 5G in other areas? 

Do we have any known problems reported for the area on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Check your signal if you select 'check status'? 

Leanne 🙂

No problems in my location
But after all, I have a 5G signal from my router at home, but I was also under a 5G transmitter today and I can only get a 4G connection
Although the phone sees the 5G network and it is in the upper right corner.
But the connection is 4G and very slow as I mentioned I have 9-11Mbps internet.
On the other hand, when I turn off the mobile connection of the EE card phone
And I connect via WI-FI to the home router then I have 5G and the connection and transfer very good.
My house does not have a 5G network from the transmitter is too far away, but as I mentioned even under the transmitters I can not get a normal connection through my EE card

@Bazyliszek wrote:

But after all, I have a 5G signal from my router at home, ...
Although the phone sees the 5G network and it is in the upper right corner.

My house does not have a 5G network from the transmitter is too far away

Some of these statements appear a little confusing. You report having a 5G service from your router at home, but then state your house doesn't have a 5G network?

What happens if you put your phone SIM in your router, and your router's SIM in your phone?

Actually I made things a little confusing.
The point is that I don't have a 5G signal from the antennas on the streets.
But the home router has 5G
So when I connect via WI-FI to the router it is ok.
But when I try to connect via cell phone signal I have no signal even when I am under the transmitter in the street.
The phone, of course, has the ability to connect 5G
As I mentioned even 4G signal is very weak, tests are hopeless.

To do the test, I try several times, because most often I don't have a connection good enough to do the test.
This has been happening for a few weeks, before that everything was ok

Now is Download-1.14Mbps, Upload- 0,10Mbps

Edit:

I transferred the card to another phone and download 0.49 Mbps, even worse, which means it is not the fault of the phone, but the card and network connection.
EE's website does not report problems.
Anyway, what does it matter when I go on the road with the phone and it's bad everywhere, Milton, Bedford, St. Neots, Corby, internet problems everywhere.

Screenshot_20240208-212117.png