cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Recieving verification codes from Buypass id in Norway

Stonyboy57
Investigator
Investigator

I live in the uk but have worked in Norway for over 20 years. I also do banking and am connected to the tax system in Norway and to their social security system. I can only connect to these Authorities using verification codes sent from Norway using the Buypass id system but the verification codes buy text have stopped coming from Norway since August 23 and I have no way of looking at logging in to Tax, Social security and Banking. 

I have spoken to E E level 2 technical support and was told that this arose because of the method of code transfer through the E E network which is basically BT. 

I belive that allot of other EE customers are affected and this is having a serious  financial effect on many who either bank or receive payments and tax returns from Norway. 

Any help on this would be appreciated. 

14 REPLIES 14
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Assuming you can receive texts from other senders, you should report this to CS. If you have spoken to EE L2, did they offer to raise a support fault ticket? Did you ask for one to be raised?

Yes I raised a ticket and as I stated in my ip its to do with the delivery method but no proper explanation was given. I can't even get norwegian texts in Norway. Its horrendous. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you're receiving texts from foreign senders, they would still route via EE's UK network - regardless of where in the world you are.

I would suggest querying the lack of explanation with the L2 team you were dealing with - I wish you good luck.

Rob317
Explorer

I'm having the exact same problem.  This has worked for me with no issues in the past and for some reason it's stopped working.   It's also have large consequences for me and when I go to change the phone number with Buypass, I'm not able to as one needs Bank ID to do so, which means you need a Norwegian Bank account.

I will raise a ticket as well.

Yes please do . Start by contacting Ee level 2 technical it’s a huge problem and needs fixing 

Rob317
Explorer

@Stonyboy57  - I ended up changed my 2FA over to a phone that uses a different network.   That solved the problem.   EE have been aware of this issue for some time and it's still not resolved, so my recommendation would be to switch providers if you are in a bind.

Hi Yes I have resolved this problem by getting a Tesco 02 SIM card and contacted Buypass id directly and gave them my new phone no which was put in to my profile so am now able to log in to Nav. No security level 4 so problem resolved. 

dylanw89
Investigator
Investigator

Was there any more updates on this? I also work in Norway and unable to use Buypass 😞 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dylanw89 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Can you receive texts from other numbers? 

Leanne.