cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal & data in my area!

Violet_Zy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My data doesn’t work in my house or around my area at all and I have no signal, I’ve constantly got 1 bar, sometimes none. I have to use WiFi calling, otherwise I don’t receive phone calls at all or they sound like garbage! They still sound like garbage even through WiFi calling. 

I have spoken to numerous advisors about this, each telling me a different story, each telling me that there’s an issue and that EE is aware of it to then getting a text saying that there is no issue in my area which is obviously a lie. 

I’ve been compensated for one month, when I called again for another compensation as that’s what an advisor told me to do. I was instead asked to send them proof of the fact that I have signal and data issues! Whilst they’re still aware that there is a mast problem. 

I have been told by one of the advisors that EE had to remove 2 masts that covered my area due to new land owner, and they’re yet to install a new one. So why should I providing proof for anything when they’re clearly aware of this problem. 

I am so sick of EE now, I regret taking in a new contract with them, my partner had the exact same issues as me and was told different things, luckily for him his contract ended and he left EE for 02 and has no issues at all now.

Can someone please let me know if this is a good enough reason to terminate my contract without paying the fees as EE is obviously not providing me with coverage. 

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Violet_Zy 

You can check for issues here: 

https://ee.co.uk › help › service-status

Cannot comment on cancellation as it seems you are still receiving a service. If EE have removed masts becase of the land owners then this is outside of their control. I am sure they are trying to find new sites but with planning this can take some time. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

A lack of coverage would affect all services reliant on that - calls, texts & mobile data. But if you "have constantly got 1  bar", that's not the issue - you have coverage.

Removal of network sites due to legal issues is something all operators have to manage from time-to-time, but it would be highly unusual to lose two sites in the same area and I would have some scepticism about this.

WiFi-calling is fundamentally a reliable service, so if you're having problems with calls made this way, there may be another issue.

Lack of coverage by itself, is not usually a basis for cancellation.