No EE Signal

TextualJoker
Investigator
Investigator

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Last week sometime there was a network outage in our location. My wifes phone and mine were unusable for the day. The next day my phone started picking up the EE network no problem, However my wife's is still stuck on emergency calls only.

I raised a support case and they said there is no fault, i tried the following

• Turn on / off aeroplane mode
  • Device restart (multiple times)
  • Powered off and left a while 
  • Network reset
  • Put the sim into slot 2
  • Factory reset ( Lost everything as the back didn't work, which got me in trouble with the wife :D)

I still have no network on the mobile, i literally cant think of anything else. Any one have any ideas my contract is expensive enough so trying to get it working again as i'm paying and cant even use the mobile at the minute. (Wifi calling is awful and doesnt work half the time)

Best Regards,

G

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does your working SIM work in your wife's phone? And how about your wife's non-working SIM in your phone? That would ID whether the phone or account/SIM is the source of the issue.

@TextualJoker wrote:

Wifi calling is awful and doesnt work half the time

WiFi-calling is fundamentally a stable & reliable service. What are the issues you're having?

TextualJoker
Investigator
Investigator

Great idea. I preformed that test and seems related to her mobile itself.

Sim Swap Test Pre

• My Sim / My Phone (Working)
  • Wifes Sim / Wifes Phone (Not Working)

Sim Swap Test Post

• My Sim / Wifes Phone (Not Working)
  • Wifes Sim / My Phone (Working)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does your wife's phone see EE on a manual network search? And if so, is it able to connect manually? You can then revert to auto-selection if this succeeds.

Failing that, you should follow the faulty device route - reporting your phone fault to EE via 150 if the phone was purchased directly, or to the retailer if it was purchased SIM-free.