cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Mobile does not support VOIP

gavingwatson
Visitor

Have seen a few posts about EE users not supporting VOIP devices on their mobile network.

I can confirm that this is indeed the case.

Despite calls to EE business and them saying that VOIP devices are not blocked (after the typical "try turning it off and on again, try a different devices, etc", after changing the EE SIM to a Three SIM, all of a sudden VOIP phones started working correctly.

In case anyone comes looking for information about EE mobile network supporting VOIP devices or the devices not connecting, I can confirm that EE does NOT support this (despite what they claim when you call them).

4 REPLIES 4
NoTechOO7
Investigator
Investigator

I am having a similar issue

My with my EE Wifi Hub my VOIP handsets do not work.

However with my Talk Talk Wifi the VOIP systems seems to work fine.

I have just signed up to EE, with intentions of leaving Talk Talk. I was wondering if you have been able to find a solution or managed to speak to someone that knows what they are doing?

So for context I have purchased EE 5g Hub for my internet needs to replace my current broadband.

I have a VoIP system which I can receive and make calls on by I can not hear the other person but they can hear me perfectly fine. 

I am in the position where I have still have my old broadband still working, so I plugged the VoIP system back into it and hey it worked.

So I am certain that there is an issue with EE's settings, or the HUB's. I have been on the phone tech support at EE but they have not been able to help. They have booked me in to speak to someone in there store, but I have feeling they will not be able to help.

Has anyone had a similar issue and were you able to do solve it? and more importantly what did you do? 

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@gavingwatson  So your saying EE don’t support data as that’s all a VoIP call is.   EE most certainly do support VoIP calling and it’s more than likely just a configuration that’s needs to be made on the router.    I can happily make VoIP calls via my mobile phone using EEs network and this is exactly the same network you use for router based VoIP calls 

I have managed to get to the bottom of what my problem is (I think) my VoIP system requires a static IP address.

I have a  5G EE Wifi Hub, which does not have a static IP address I just wish I had been told this when I signed up to EE 3 weeks ago.